One of the easiest of ways to create karaoke CDG disc is to burn the CDG files to a blank CD. But how do you go about it? If you are new to the world of creating karaoke CDs, we’ll tell you exactly how to go about it…
What’s a CDG?
Basically, it’s a graphics file that is popularly used along with audio files. You can easily create a karaoke CDG disc by burning the CDG files onto a blank disc. It’s easy and takes only a short while.
So How Do You Go About It?
- Open the folder that contains the CDG files you want to burn
- Right clicking on any of these files will open up a few options for you. Select the ‘send to’ option and then select the CD drive when the second dialogue box pops up. This is the drive where you have inserted your blank CD.
- Next, you have to click on the start button on your screen. Click on the ‘my computer’ option and then double click on the icon containing the blank CD. When you double click on this icon, you will see the CDG files that are now ready to be written on to the CD.
- When you right click on a blank spot near any one of the files, you’ll get ‘write these files to CD’ option.
- When you select this option, the CD writing wizard will be initiated. You just need to name the CD now.
- Once you’ve clicked ‘next’ on the button of the CD writing wizard, the process will be completed. You now have to wait for the CD to automatically eject itself. If it doesn’t, just wait for a message that says that the files have been burned and then eject your first karaoke CDG disc.
- Don’t forget to enjoy your work!
What Are The Different Formats Of Karaoke Available?
There are 7 basic forms of karaoke files. These are:
- CDG-also known as CD+G, CD+ graphics or karaoke CDG disc. These can be played on all karaoke and CD players. The lyrics are displayed on any TV that is connected to the player.
- CDGM-these contain 2 tracks for each song- one with the vocals, and one without it. They even play background vocals.
- Karaoke video disc-it’s a disc formatted on MPEG1. It can only be played on a VCD compatible player. They play the video along with the lyrics on the screen. They do not contain vocals in general.
- DVD- you can play this only on a DVD compatible payer. They have on screen menus with high quality graphics. Though a bit expensive, they contain a lot more songs.
- Super CDG- these use proprietary format to store over 1000 songs. However, you need a super CDG player in order to use a super CDG disc.
- CD-this is a karaoke CD without the lyrics. You cam play these on any CD. They do not contain lead vocals either.
- CDM-this is like a CDGM, but it does not include the on screen graphics or lyrics.
What Do You Need To Burn These Karaoke CDG disc At Home?
- Obviously, you’ll need a computer- a laptop or a desktop.
- You’ll need a CD writer that can handle WAV, MP3 and CDG files.
- A microphone
- Blank CDs
- Karaoke software
Professionally created CDs contain a lot more songs, ready to be used. But if you enjoy creating karaoke CDG disc of your favorite music, there’s nothing like doing it at home!